Monday, November 30, 2015

Portfolio Intro

This is an index of all my favorite stories

The Boy With Excuses
This story is about a boy who didn't study for an exam, but comes up with a bunch of excuses as to why it is ok for him to cheat on the exam.

An Old Hound Dog
The story is about an older dog who feels as if his owner has forgotten him and moved on with a younger dog. Roge the older dog goes off on an adventure to find the most beautiful place he has ever seen since his owner no longer wants him or at least that is what he thinks.

The Poor Good Man
I wrote this story about a man who was very poor and out of work. He comes up with a plan to feed his wife and children. Thinking his plan has gone off with out a hitch he heads back home to his wife and children. Little does he know he is actually going to get caught.

Always Trust Your Wife
The man in the story is very poor and is trying to feed his family. One day he meets a random lady who claims to be his sister. She takes in him and his family to take care of them. His wife warns him of her, and he does not listen to his wife. In the end he should have listened to her. You should always trust your wife.

The Jealous Ex-Girlfriend
This story is about a boy who has a jealous ex-girlfriend that he lets control his life. When he meets a new girl he really likes, he tries to keep it a secret. We all know secrets come out in the end!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Baylee,
    I think your portfolio is starting out strong. I’m excited to see what stories you will choose to include as the year goes on and as your index grows. “The Boy with Excuses” was a very enjoyable story. Not only that, but it had a solid moral throughout. I also think that you did a great job of relating the original Aesop tale into more modern terms. It made the moral and the story that much more relevant and accessible. For a minute of two while I was reading the story, I was a little worried that the Sarah character would actually get in trouble. I was unsure of Bobby’s morals until he told the professor that the girl didn’t have anything to do with the cheating scandal. I particularly enjoyed the last line, “He might remember that for the next time.” It reminded me of a mother scolding their child, which is the general sentiment I feel when reading most of Aesop’s tales, so that really helped me connect the two. On a different note, I think you made a great choice by included the picture of the text messages. It added another dimension to the story in a way that a lot of pictures fail to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Baylee!

    Great job on adding stories to your portfolio so far. The summaries are not bad, but I feel like for "The Boy With Excuses" story, it could be just a tad bit longer.

    Your first story was good. I liked the underlying message/moral it taught. I can definitely connect with this story a lot because most college students are held down by the pressures of doing well in a class. I also think that the "text message" picture was a nice addition that added a modern touch as well as some realism to the story. One thing that I would like to suggest is maybe pay attention to the commas in your stories. It looks like there may be a few run ons and lack of cadence. This is quite an easy fix, but other than that. Great job on this story!

    The second story in your portfolio was very sweet! I love happy endings and your story definitely had one!

    Good luck with the rest of your portfolio! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Baylee!
    Wow! This portfolio is great! First off, your layout, colors, and fonts are great! Everything looks so simple yet cute! The simplicity makes everything easy to read and follow along on your blog site.
    I really like how detailed your descriptions are under your story titles. It prepares the reader for what they are about to read. I took a different approach and put very short and not very detailed comments under my story so that the reader might be left hanging and want to know more. However, your approach on it seems to be great!
    I really like the photos you chose for your stories! They all really connect to the story!
    My favorite story is your second one, because I am such a sucker for happy endings!
    Overall, I really feel like your portfolio is well put together and very well written. Good luck these last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete