Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Reading Diary A: Russian Folktales

Russian Folktales

The Dead Mother:

  • The title is a little morbid
  • Everyone always looks happy from the outside 
  • Moujik weird name and the wiki didnt explain much about the exact name 
  • How do they know someone opened the door and came up to the cradle without seeing anything?
  • The dead mom was coming back to feed the baby, and then they baby died too
  • Weird story because it shows people are always looking over us but why did the baby have to die too?
The Treasure: 
  • More death in these stories
  • You would think the old mans friends would want to help him since he was in poverty
  • Poor man...the pope should help him 
  • I wold have never of gone back to that horrible pope with money 
  • That pope got what he deserved in the end!
The Bad Wife:
  • Why would you want to be in a marriage so miserable 
  • I would always tell the wife that I didnt want what I really wanted 
  • A Demon? these stories are creepy odd
  • Maybe its a Russian thing
  • The bad wife is where she belongs with the demons
The Three Copecks:
  • How do you work for free and live that makes no sense 
  • Why would he sell the cat when he knows its not his
  • Greedy people
  • I did not get the point of this story at all
The Miser:
  • He should have never asked for the money if he didnt want to pay it back 
  • If I was the wife I would have told my husband he was crazy 
  • He never got is copeck but still ended up with money 
 The Water Snake:
  • The snake sounds like a teenage boy
  • If I had that many snakes coming at me I would FREAKKKK
  • Why would her mother do that when she said she was happy...
Water Snake
Source:Wikipedia

Friday:
  • Need to explain better what mother friday is 
  • I bet she will never disobey mother friday again
  • I wouldnt have let her off that easy though
Wednesday:
  • So now days of weeks are actual people..interesting
  • I would have thought the wednesday lady was nice and only came since she called for her 
  • There is no point to these stories I am realizing 
The Leshy:
  • She went strolling through the forrest, and nothing else was said just that 3 years went by
  • There should be some explanation before the story begins
  • No explanation what a leshy is 
  • Glad the girl was rescued, but where did the hut go?
Dnieper, Volga, and Dvina:
  • they said used once instead of once used, not sure if that was a typo or just how they saw it 
  • Poor kids
  • Not sure what toiling is 
  • I feel bad for the brother since his sisters left him
  • No point to the story 
Emilian the Fool:
  • I wish I had something like the fool did 
  • The fool is unlike any other fool I've ever seen

No comments:

Post a Comment