Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Reading Diary B: Russian Folktales

Russian Folktales

The Witch Girl:

  • I fear death so I would not have gone in 
  • Such a morbid story 
  • I wouldnt imagine a witch wearing white 
  • Some good was done by the Cossack
The Headless Princess:
  • What a weird title 
  • They call all old women in these stories granny
  • The story was weird just like I anticipated from the title 
The Warlock:
  • This 3 nights thing is repeating 
  • Why would you send another daughter in law when the first one died going 
  • How did he die when he was already dead?
The Fox-Physician:
  • Cut a hole in the sky? Thats interesting 
  • Carried the old women by his teeth, now thats some strength 
  • "My old woman is smashed to pieces" it was sad but made me laugh a little, no one in these stories ever had real names 
  • Poor old man :(
The Fiddler in Hell:
  • Burying money made me think of old people who do not trust banks 
  • Once these people die the writers still act as if they are alive
  • At least he got out of hell in the end 
The Two Friends:
  • How do you invite someone when they are dead
  • Years passes just by drinking one drink, I feel like that when my boyfriend tells me its going to be just one more drink
  • Of course the world moved on without him, it doesn't stop for anyone 
The Shroud:
  • This girl reminds me of a lot of people I know 
  • All the other girls knew something bad was going to happen, but lazybones had no idea 
  • In the end she got what she deserved 
The Coffin-Lid:
  • I would never try to go to sleep next to a grave yard much less on a grave 
  • Why do they make dead people kill people in these stories 
  • If he was a corpse he must not have a heart
The Two Corpses:
  • How do you not know if you are dead or alive
  • I am glad the solider got away
  • The good guy never gets away in these stories
The Dog and the Corpse:
  • How does the darkness of night surprise you? Its going to turn dark eventually 
  • I am starting to think of ghost when I hear corpse just by how they are describing them 
  • Id be mad too if my owner just up and left me 
The Solider and the Vampire:
  • They started this story just like "The Two Corpses" 
  • A lot more detail in this story
  • Used a vampire instead of a corpse
  • the solider got away again
Graveyard
Source:49th Shelf



No comments:

Post a Comment