Friday, December 4, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Lang's European Fairy Tales I

Lang's European Fairy Tales I

I Know What I Have Learned:

  • People get married to weird things in these stories
  • I would never marry an underground troll or any troll at that
  • Why would anyone set money down
  • When her eyes turned green there were fish to be caught 
  • He tried doing the same things as the trolls did, but it didnt work for him
  • I didnt understand the point of this story
Troll
Source:X Index

Lovely Llonka:
  • The very beginning starts off in 3rd person then changes to 1st randomly
  • Why would he call a random old woman mother?
  • Poor prince took the ugly old daughter with him and not his original beauty
  • What a horrible lady, maybe she was ugly on the inside too
  • He finally got what was originally intended to be his
The Death of the Sun-Hero:
  • How weird they had the same dream 
  • I wouldnt be able to stay awake for 9 days and 9 nights either
  • A crab tore out his tongue? Thats kind of weird
  • Well guess they should have followed their dreams...
The Giants and Herd-Boy:
  • This was a good story
  • I liked the ending
  • Sometimes when you do something nice for others you will be rewarded 
The Voice of Death:
  • Kind of a creepy title
  • Makes me think of ghost 
  • Lots of death in the story 
  • The word mortals was used
  • Reminded me of vampier
The Goats Ears of Emperor Trojan:
  • He had his own barber to shave him.. how nice
  • He asked the barber what he thought so he told him..Why kill him?
  • He obviously can't handle the truth
  • No point to the story, kind of had me lost 


No comments:

Post a Comment