Monday, November 30, 2015

Storytelling Week 3: The Jealous Ex Girlfriend

A beautiful boy named Tommy once had the most gorgeous girlfriend in the school, and her name was Victoria. Tommy and Victoria were always together, and always having a good time. Till one day Victoria caught Tommy cheating, and it wasn't just one girl either. There were multiple girls who Tommy had been with.


Victoria loved Tommy so much she could not let go. She wanted him to be happy, but she also knew it could not be with her. Since she could not be with him, she knew she wanted jurisdiction over everything he did including the women he saw. Tommy allowed this since he felt he owed it to her.


A new girl showed up to school one day, and she was as beautiful as any girl Tommy had ever seen. Every guy wanted to be with this girl. They had never seen anyone like her before, and suddenly people started to forget who Victoria was.


The girl’s name was Annabelle. She had long blonde hair, blue eyes, and sun-kissed skin.


Of course Victoria's first words that day to Tommy were "she is off limits." Victoria was used to the guys looking at her all day with heart-eyes and not at someone else. So it all makes sense why she would not want Tommy to be with this beautiful girl.


Victoria had a plan to ruin this girl. She wanted to put hair dye in her conditioner bottle to turn her beautiful blonde hair black. She also wanted her sun-kissed skin to fry so she would be as red as a lobster.


But Tommy was fed up with Victoria and her awful requests of him so he went and spoke to Annabelle. They hit it off right away, but he informed her they could not be seen in public together or there would be horrible repercussions.


Anna, short for Annabelle, started to make friends, and she would talk about this guy she had been seeing. Her friends did not believe her, and they pestered her till one day she finally came out with the truth about who she had been seeing the whole time.


It came as a shock to Victoria. She was not used to someone defying her, and especially not twice like Tommy had done. She knew right then she was going to make Anna's life a living hell.


Anna was a sweet girl, so when Victoria asked her to do all these irrational things she complied because she wanted to be nice to Victoria. Over and over again Victoria came up with horrible tasks for Anna to complete and she did them with ease never getting caught when it was something she was not supposed to be doing.



Anna thought if she did all these things for Victoria she would forgive her and let her and Tommy be together with no stipulations. That never happened Victoria was jealous of what Anna had. She was never going to get over it.


In the end Victoria lost her status in the school as the most beautiful girl, because on the inside she was the ugliest girl anyone had ever seen. No one wanted to be around her. Therefore no one did anything she asked of them.



And Tommy and Annabelle got to be together with no strings attached. Well, at least no Victoria attached.
A Jealous Ex Girlfriend

Author's Note:

My story was based off of the story Apuleius's Cupid and Psyche. The story is about a beautiful young girl named Psyche, and everyone came to see her from far away just to look at her. Venus was used to being the most beautiful girl there was, and people came to see her also. Venus got jealous when people stopped coming to see her to see Psyche instead. So, she called upon her son Cupid to make sure Psyche was taken care of. Instead of doing the horrible things Venus wanted Cupid to do to Psyche, he married her without his mother knowing. In the end it came out that Cupid had married Psyche. Venus got very angry and wanted Psyche to complete tasks that were impossible but with the help of others she completed them all. In the end Psyche and Cupid had a wedding with everyone there including Venus. I wrote my story from the jealous ex girlfriend perspective, because to me Venus was acting more like the jealous ex-girlfriend type rather than a mother. Unlike in the original story, Victoria, which is portrayed as Venus, never accepts the two like Venus does in the original story. I liked this story because it shows that people are jealous no matter if they are a god or just a regular human being. You could be the prettiest person in the room and not be able to make friends, and be jealous of the ugliest person because they are really good at making friends. My favorite part of the story was the lesson that was being told. That is what I wanted everyone else to get out of the story, but I gave it a little bit of a modern twist. I sure hope no guy lets a girl dictate his life like that.


Bibliogrpahy:
" Apuleius's Cupid and Psyche" by Apuleius. Website:Un-Textbook



8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there Baylee!

    It turns out that I read the story of Cupid and Psyche last wee, so I was pretty familiar with your story already. I thought you did a phenomenal job of bringing this story to life in modern terms. This story was very old fashioned, so it took a lot of creativity to do that. You character descriptions were very appropriate and the name choices were really cool. I can tell that you tired to tie in a little bit of the original naming with the names in your modern tale, but not too much to where it would be weird.

    Your story was very easy for me to read. The font size and style was works well. I also like how you broke up the story into many different paragraphs. The breaks in the story make it easier for me to read. Sometimes, a huge paragraph can not only be intimidating, but it can also lose the reader's attention more easily.

    Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Baylee!

    I actually did this story for my week 2 storytelling assignment. I really like that you made it modern and it was really fitting that Venus was a jealous ex-girlfriend instead of his mother. I only wish that you included some dialogue because that would’ve really helped the characters come to life. However, I felt you did a great job setting up the story and giving plenty of details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Baylee!

    This was a great story because it was very relatable to what may happen in high school in our society today. This also portrays an important moral of being beautiful on the inside ultimately matters more in the end. I wish I knew more about the characters and what Anna and Tommy had in common. I love these types of love stories. Keep up the good work and turning old stories into something more modern and easy to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Baylee!

    I read another story based on Cupid and Psyche this week. I really like the situation the story presents. I think it's cool that you moved the story to a modern setting. It makes it much more relatable and easier to read. I also thought it was a cool concept to change Aphrodite/Venus to a girlfriend instead of a mother. I look forward to reading more of your stories this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Baylee!
    First, I love your blog background. It's super cute and gives me a calming feeling. I was browsing through your stories and I had to pick this one. It was no question. Who doesn't love a jealous ex-girlfriend?
    This was a good story. It had a good story line. Victoria needs to chill out. I still don't trust Tommy. Hopefully Anna watches out. Victoria is crazy for getting back together with him!! So many crazy things with these characters.
    Your story developed nicely. It sounds like Victoria got what she deserved. Hopefully Tommy will treat Anna right.
    I like your modern twist on the story. I could actually relate your story to the original one after I read your author's note. Good job!! This was good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Baylee, I really enjoyed your modern version of this story. In the beginning, I was wondering where the story was going because I felt like you gave away that he cheated and that normally is something you find out in the end of a story. But, then I understood why. Your story kind of reminds me of John Tucker Must Die. I really enjoy that you chose to retell the original story with a modern twist. I have done that too with most of my stories. It’s fun to take an old story, turn it into a modern tale, and you end up realizing that the same problems pretty much exist now that did back then. I think it would have been really great to add dialogue to a story with this much drama. It would have been great to see their personalities come out. I also have trouble remembering to add dialogue. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Baylee. Your story was a lot of fun to read. Reading this story brings a few girls to mind that are pretty crazy. I like how you took the old classical story and twisted it around to give it a modern feel. I've done this with a few of my stories also. This made the story a lot easier to relate to. I also like that no matter how hard she tried, Victoria couldn't win and Anna won the guy. Your author's note helped to explain the reasoning for the story you told along with the storyline for the original story. You may want to add in something about the picture in your author's note. Other than that I couldn't find anything wrong with your story. It seemed to flow very well and kept my attention the whole time. Good job!

    ReplyDelete