Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Reading Diary B: Fables of La Fontaine

Fables of La Fontaine

Mice:

  • A mouse turning into a maid.. Ive heard it all
  • Wish there was better pictures 
  • Sometimes I feel like the authors try so hard to rhyme they lose their story along the way 
  • I think the picture for the Council Held by the Rats was perfect for it 
  • Funny the rats trapped the cat

The Tortoise; The Bat:
  • A flying turtle who knew 
  • How nice of the ducks to help the turtle 
  • Im not really sure what the bat story was all about 
Frogs:
  • Its funny to me thinking of seeing a frog dangle from a string 
  • Excitement in the stories is what I liked 
  • These stories brought a decent amount of excitement and dialogue
The Swallow; The Eagle:
  • Took me a bit to figure out what the Swallow was
  • "Believe no evil till the evil's done", I like this quote from the story
  • A beetle has a throne.. kind of weird 
  • If the beetle was right he shouldn't have to hide
Man and Beast:
  • Tried to rhyme but some of these word don't really rhyme 
  • Didn't enjoy these stories as much as I would have liked 
  • Need to look up what an Adder is 
  • Story didn't make much sense
The Astrologer; The Dairywoman:
  • Wish they would have separated the story some so it would be easier to read
  • I liked the weirdness of the story 
  • Simple Jack wants to be king, of course
The God Mercury; Hercules:
  • Did not understand the point of the first story 
  • I like reading stories about Hercules
  • I always picture Hercules from the little kid movie 
Sun and Wind; Belly and Members:
  • The traveler was strong 
  • 2nd story did well describing what it was trying to tell 
  • When I saw Boss Belly I thought of a big fat man 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment