Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Reading Diary A: La Fontaine

La Fontaine

Foolish Animals:

  • Enjoyed all the colorful pictures
  • The pictures helped tell the stories 
  • I don't like the way the author said "Said the Tortoise to the Hare" then said what the Tortoise said 
  • Or when he used the word quoth like he was quote him, why not just say he said it
  • I like the rhyming 
  • Poor dog lost his bone trying to attack himself
  • I find some comedy in that 
Foxes:
  • The fox and the stork is just like another story I read, probably just in a different country 
  • I have seen a lot of repeated stories through out the semester, just retold in different countries 
  • I like the use of direct quotes and how much they are used within these stories 
  • Once again, good pictures 
Birds:
  • The fox sure did fool the raven, bet he will think twice next time 
  • Raven should never compare his self to an eagle
  • The heron story reminded me of some people I know 
Insects:
  • The ant did hard work therefore has food unlike the grasshopper
  • I find it hard to see and dove and ant together 
  • Me and the lion are the same when it comes to gnats, those things piss me off
Foolish People:
  • Thought this would be about people not objects 
  • Except the Miller and his Son
  • We are all asses in some way or another eventually
Foxes and Wolves:
  • First time I've heard of Aesop in a story 
  • Renard is reoccurring just spelt differently 
  • Now I can imagine a fox and wolf hanging out and even hanging out with a horse thats  a little more believable than some of the stories I have read
  • I do not like when stories are so far off they are hard to even imagine 
Horses:
  • Revenge is nice, but its not always what is necessary for situations 
  • I would kick the wolf too
Horse kicking a wolf

Dogs:
  • I like stories that include dogs because there aren't many of them
  • I have written a story about an old dog 
  • These remind me somewhat of that story
  • Good lessons within these stories 
Cats:
  • Weird thinking a cat turned into a women 
  • There are some weir cat ladies out there is what that made me think of
  • I think the last story trying to rhyme too much made it confusing to see the point of the story 



No comments:

Post a Comment