Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Reading Diary B: Aesop's Fables

Aesop's Fables

Wolves:

  • Most of these fables were about injustices
  • We all know there are a lot of injustices
  • Some of the stories are a little hard to follow because they are trying to make them rhyme instead of telling the story the easiest possible way
  • Longer stories
  • Even though the stories were longer they were still not so easy to follow 
  • I like the italicized words at the end of the stories going into more detail about the morals of the stories
Dogs:
  • I liked reading about dogs
  • I did not like the title "The Bitch and Her Puppies"
  • These stories reminded me of a story I wrote for this class this year 
  • Dogs can be very faithful
  • They pooped on the floor made me laugh cause thats something dogs would do 
  • Like the other stories some of the words used were confusing to me in what the author was trying to get at
  • Shortening words is what loses my concentration 
Cats and Weasels:
  • A little hard to follow 
  • Use weasels as cats 
  • They are always battling 
Birds:
  • I got lost reading everyone of the stories 
  • I have read a story just like the rooster and the pearl before 
  • Explains the difference between 2 birds 
  • Favorite from the section was the Eagle and the Serpent
  • Longer stories but easier to follow 
Rooster

Insects:
  • Much like all the other stories just with different characters
  • still rhyming 
  • Wonder how some of these animals become friends 
  • Seems so normal in these stories 
Insects, Fishes, and Frogs:
  • Much simpler stories 
  • Not all had summaries and some could use one 
  • Enjoyed the proud frog





No comments:

Post a Comment