Monday, November 9, 2015

Reading Diary A: Aesop's Fables (English)

Aesop's Fables (English)

The Gods:

  • I like the notes on each of the poems 
  • I like the rhyming just like in the nursery rhymes I read last week 
  • The rhymes are short but all tell a story 
  • A cat turning into a human to marry who she loves...weird
More Gods:
  • These were longer than the ones before, but still told a decent story 
  • They were not overly long so they were still easy enough to follow 
  • My favorite in this one was the "The Two Bags"
  • I like the lesson behind it
Fables About People:
  • I noticed a few spelling errors in this one 
  • Glad I got to read The Wolf and The Shepherds Boy because they other day I said something cried wolf and used it in the wrong context and I knew better
  • The Man and His Mistresses reminds me of karma 
More Fables About People:
  • Each line in these fables were longer than the ones before this 
  • Not rhyming anymore
  • There are a lot of lessons in these that I had not heard of before but I find them interesting 
  • They are easier to relate to since it is with people and not some outlandish animal fantasy 
Apes:
  • The Ape and her Two brats was very weird to me?
  • These are more like stories 
  • Even though there are no notes at the beginning I like them at the end saying what the stories were about
Foxes:
  • Foxes are always the tricksters no matter what part of the world is telling stories about them 
  • Haven't read any stories with Dragons in them until now 
  • So I guess not all fox stories have them being tricksters but most of them do

Illustration from Baby's Book of Fables
Source:UnTextbook

More Foxes:
  • First story was simple and to the point 
  • Some stories that take longer to get to the point tend to loose my interest faster
  • Calling the cat a puss made me laugh because they don't usually do that anymore 
Lions:
  • I found these harder to follow than the other ones I have read in this unit
  • I liked seeing a better side in the Lion King 
  • The Lion is with different types of animals in every story ranging from small to large 
A Lion and A Man:
  • First story in this unit that only has one unit on the page 
  • It goes into more detail than the other stories did 
  • You should always listen to your parents even when you think they are wrong is what I took from this story 
Lions and Asses:
  • Some of these stories remind me of other stories I have read this semester in different units 
  • The donkey is wise.. who knew that was possible 
  • Some stories that don't have notes I would have liked to of been able to read a note
Asses:
  • Things can always be worse
  • Some of these are so short with little detail they make no sense 
  • Not sure if I liked any of these stories 
More Asses:
  • Two longer stories that are still short to finish the first half of of the unit 
  • I have found I like the longer stories that are still short rather than the stories that are only a few sentences long 
  • I get more out of them when they have a little more detail
 

No comments:

Post a Comment