Friday, November 13, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Celtic Fairy Tales

Celtic Fairy Tales

King O'Toole and His Goose:

  • They consider a real boy to be someone who likes sports, and hunting 
  • I was wondering in the beginning if the goose was actually a goose 
  • used the phrase "by dad" not really sure about that 
  • Poor goose still died after the saint got ahold of him
  • Not sure if there was a moral to the story 
The Shee An Gannon and the Gruagach Gaire:

  • All the stories about a Gaire which is a goblin
  • Mysterious stories
  • First time I have read about a cowboy 
  • I wouldnt consider a cowboy something celtic
  • I enjoyed the way the land of the giant was told and what it was about 
Beth Gellert:
  • A nice dog at home but a lion in the chase, I like that because there are a lot of people/ dogs like that 
  • This story made me sad...
  • The dog did something good for his owner, but he jumped to conclusions and killed him 
The Tale of Ivan:
  • I would have thought market jew had to do with jews, but it doesn't at all
  • I like when stories have quotes as if they people are talking directly to each other and your there listening instead of interpreting what could have been said 
  • How nice he was rewarded for doing the right thing
  • I don't see how becoming someone servant is a reward though
Andrew Coffee:
  • Knowing everyone and them knowing you reminds me of a small town 
  • Told as a dream
  • I haven't read any stories that came from a dream 
Brewery of Eggshells:
  • She left her twins in the home and went to the neighbors
  • The twins didn't grow at all since that day 
  • She threw them into the lake and the goblins saved their dwarfs and the women's chidden returned 
Twins
Source:UnTextbook

No comments:

Post a Comment